Training & Development
Join the Parish Resources team for a brand new fortnightly webinar series, helping you prepare for the transition from cash to digital giving. By the end of the webinar series you will have the tools and techniques to talk about generosity with confidence, set up digital giving options to suit a wide range of audiences, and feel confident to introduce cashless giving.
Each webinar will feature an interactive question-and-answer session, giving you a chance to provide feedback and ask the questions that matter to you. We will record each webinar for those unable to attend on any date.
- Reopening after lockdown - Recording below
- Preaching generosity - Thursday 6 August, 12:30
- Promoting giving on social media - Thursday 20 August, 12:30
- Setting up a giving webpage - Thursday 3 September
- Storytelling and encouraging generosity - Thursday 17 September, 12:30
- Creating a giving strategy and making it happen - Thursday 1 October, 12:30
1. Reopening after lockdown
The first webinar looked at overcoming the immediate challenges to giving in a post-lockdown world. We covered hygiene advice for handling cash, promoting digital giving online and explored funding opportunities available to parishes.
Resources mentioned in the webinar
- Ministry Support Scheme
- Gift Direct website
- Setting up a SumUp account and creating an online button (Parish Resources video)
- SumUp website (recommended by Parish Buying)
- PayPal website
- Five things churches can do to promote digital giving
- How to create a giving page on your website
- Increasing generosity online
- Receiving online donations (Church of England video)
Matt Batten, Director of Communication and Engagement
Jan Boyce, Diocesan Accountant
Mark Brampton, Parish Resources Adviser
Contact Mark Brampton if you have any questions about the webinars.