Additional diocesan resources to support the Giving for Life programme can be found by clicking the links below:
The 8 point plan:
- Preach and Teach Regularly about giving in the context of discipleship.
- Clearly communicate that giving to the church enables the mission and ministry that flows from it. (in Welsh and English)
- Hold some form of annual review of giving. Personal and church finances work on an annual basis, and so it is good to help people review their giving once a year.
- Say Thank You. This values givers, and provides another opportunity to see how their giving supports the work of the church.
- Agree a legacy policy and communicate this to the congregation
- Claim Gift Aid regularly, including the Small Donations Scheme
- Use the Parish Buying Service to help the church take advantage of its scale.
- Use the Gift Direct Scheme (in Welsh and English)
More resources will be added to this site as they are developed, watch this space!