Work with us
Vicar for Bargoed & Pontlottyn in the Ministry Area of Taff Rhymney
An exciting opportunity to join a new clergy team, serving communities in the Rhymney and Taff Valleys of South Wales, in the north-east of Llandaff Diocese, close to Wales’s capital city, Cardiff.
The Vicar will have incumbent status, and take primary pastoral responsibility for six churches and their communities, in the north of the Ministry Area. S/he will participate, with lay and clergy colleagues, in setting the vision for the new team, and creating structures suitable for the church’s mission to all the people of the area, in a time of significant social change.
The successful candidate will be someone who:
- has a pastoral heart and proven experience in community-based ministry
- has energy and dynamism to grow new disciples, especially among young people
- will champion the development of lay ministries, and enjoys working collaboratively
- understands change processes, and will relish the challenge of developing a new team
- is approachable, and a good communicator at all levels
For more information or an informal chat, call
The Revd Canon Steven Kirk, Area Dean & Ministry Area Leader
Tel: 01443 813246 email@example.com
This post is subject to a DBS Enhanced Disclosure
FURTHER DETAILS FROM:
The Bishop’s Office, Llys Esgob,
Cathedral Green, Llandaff, Cardiff CF5 2YE
Email address: bishop.llandaffEA@cinw.org.uk
Deadline for applications: 12.00noon, Friday 27th August, 2021
Ministry Area Leader for Port Talbot
Port Talbot is a coastal town with a strong industrial heritage. Close to several areas of outstanding natural beauty, it has excellent transport links.
Next January the Benefice of Aberavon will join with Margam, Cwmavon and Baglan to become the Ministry Area of Port Talbot. Until that time, the post holder will be Rector of Aberavon, but then will become Ministry Area Leader.
We are looking for a priest who will:
- have experience of bringing healing to a community
- help us to grow both in depth and number
- encourage us to build new community relationships and develop our mission
We wish to appoint someone who:
- is an enthusiast for collaborative ministry
- is open to an appreciative understanding of Welsh culture and language
- the opportunity to work with a dedicated and energetic team
- committed and knowledgeable congregations
- buildings with good potential for outreach
For more information or an informal chat contact the Ven Michael Komor
01656 725921 / firstname.lastname@example.org
This post is subject to a DBS Enhanced Disclosure.
FURTHER DETAILS FROM:
The Bishop’s Office
Cardiff CF5 2YE
Deadline for applications: noon, Friday 17th September